Few things are as irresponsible as getting behind the wheel of a car after drinking. Unfortunately, drunk driving occurs on a regular basis in Austin and throughout the United States. While many attorneys make their living by representing reckless drivers in criminal court, our firm believes that the victims of such a crime should also be protected in civil court. If you have been the victim of a drunk driver, contact our motor vehicle collision attorneys. Our Austin drink driving accident lawyers understand how to best establish liability in these cases and can pursue compensation on your behalf regardless of whether the at-fault driver is charged with DUI.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
High-Quality Service from Our Local Drunk Driving Collision Lawyers
Most auto accident cases are the result of negligence. Drunk driving, however, is a reckless behavior which creates a greater risk of serious injuries such as head trauma, spinal injury, paralysis, or even wrongful death. When bringing suit against a drunk driver, it is often necessary to request punitive damages (which are meant to punish the other side) as well as a request for compensatory damages (which are meant to compensate for the harm done to the victim). Hiring the right attorney can make the difference in the extent to which the plaintiff recovers damages in an Austin drunk driving civil lawsuit.
Our lawyers can help obtain records such as breathalyzer results and blood tests to show that the at-fault driver was impaired. We will also closely monitor any criminal proceedings so that liability can be quickly established.
We understand that the victim of drunk driving has been wronged. We’ll focus on the legal aspect so that the victim can focus on the important business of getting life back on track. Our personal injury attorneys are ready to assist you.
Drunk Driving Statistics
- Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes.
- Motorcycles have the highest percentage of drunk driving fatalities with 27% of all fatal motorcycle crashes being drunk driving-related.
- A spinal cord injury is one of the most common injuries caused by drunk driving.
- Statistics on drunk driving deduced that the average drunk driver had already driven under the influence around 80 times before their arrest.
- Alcohol-impaired drivers are behind the wheel more than 300,000 times every day. However, only around 2,800 are arrested.
- The US is the third-worst country in the world for drunk driving.
- Drunk drivers are responsible for 15% of the pedestrians killed every year.
- Drunk drivers cost the US about $132 billion a year.
Being involved in a crash with an inebriated driver can be devastating for all involved parties. To recover what losses you can, consider reaching out to a local attorney who has experience litigating drunk driving cases. Get in touch with one of our well-versed Austin drunk driving accident lawyers to maximize your chances of recovering compensation in a civil claim.